February 25, 2012

French and Indian War

As I have stated before, I LOVE the miniatures from Conquest miniatures. I also love the colonial French and Indian war period in history. I have a ruleset for this period, its called "This Very Ground" and is tons and tons of fun!

Anywho, here are some French Marines and one native that I have painted.

The marines really have the look of  coureur de bois infantry. This is because I am creating a group of marines who were stationed in Natchitoches, Louisiana at Fort St. Jean Baptiste. They were stationed at this fort in order to maintain order and peace in the area, protect the trading with the natives, and be an outpost to watch the Spanish. These marines became one with the local natives, settling amongst them and even starting families with them. The marines would normally wear whatever they could, and incorporated many of the native's clothing into theirs.















No comments:

Post a Comment