October 21, 2014

The start of something MEDIEVAL!!!!

As I stated in my previous post, expect to see more of Lion Rampant!

Force building in this game is easy. A pretty big game is 24 points. 6 point can get you 6 heavy cavalry in one unit, or 6 heavy infantry in one unit. 4 points can get you 12 light infantry in a unit, etc. There are a variety of unit types you can choose from and then make your army your own. However, you cannot have more than 4 units of one type, or 12 points worth, whichever is lower. This means you cant have more than two units of mounted men at arms (your knights) as they will both cost a total of 12 points.

That said, I have the Perry miniatures mounted men at arms plastic box set. You can make 12 mounted men at arms with this set. Perfect! 12 points right there! A good fun started force out of one box.


I must say I am EXTREMELY impressed with these models! They are beautifully detailed and very realistic looking. I love them! below you will see some crappy pictures I took with my phone of the sprues. I apologize for how bad they are. I had not intended to post anything at the time and had just sent them to a friend. I have now put them all together and must say they look damn good! A good pic of them all assembled to come soon.

Hopefully I will get my first small game of this in this weekend after a Bolt Action tournament I am running. I will post about that later.

There are a tons of choices. As you will see later, I decided to only make my squad leaders have the armored horses, the rest do not. You also have a good variety of weapons, including lances, spears, swords, hammers, maces and axes.






I thought the models of the horse were just fantastic! Sometimes you get models where the horses just look God awful! Also, here is a random picture of the back of the box showing how the figures can be put together.

The box also came with a nice information pamphlet about how cavalry were used during that period. This pamphlet also included cut out flags of a different variety if you wished to use them.

There is a tad bit of negative though. The bases that come with the minis. There aren't enough to make 12 individual models! This doesnt make sense as the box makes 12 cavalry men.

So, as you can see, you only have enough individual bases for 8 minis. However, yet again, the box comes with 12! Can you tell this irritates me? ugh! So, if you buy this, buy separate bases as well. Now I have to figure out where to get some good ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment