May 30, 2011

Housing Project

I found this cardboard house at Hobby Lobby today. It only cost $2.99. They also had two-story ones as well. So I said, hell, why not. Im gonna play around with it, alter it alot, add shingles, a door, work on the windows, have to pipes for steam punk-ness, etc etc. I think there will be alot of green stuff work too, which will be new to me. So yea, I have never done anything like this before, so this will be a test. I know its a little big, its the roof that makes it tall. And yes, the roof can be removed. But for the price, you cant beat it. Ill post every now and again as I work on it. And in the pic you can see that I cut a piece of balsa wood to make the door shorter. I then primed the front simply to see how it would look.


2 comments:

  1. Nice find. Make sure to update us with your changes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure will. This one will just be a "test" project though. Im gonna try lots of ideas and see how they work. Its so cheap I dont mind doing that. But I will still post my findings. Just follow me on here.

    ReplyDelete