May 10, 2011

Tough decision

After much thought, I have made a tough decision. I have decided to solely play Warmachine/Hordes, and get rid of my Warhammer Empire army. I simply do not have enough time to allocate to both games. They both take up so much time painting, learning tactics, and playing. There is only room for one.

I chose Warmachine/Hordes because, well frankly, it is a much much better game. The models are fantastic. The fluff great. You dont have to have 100+ models to play, 30 is good, so not as much you have to paint, or lug around. The game mechanics are simply far superior. There is much more strategy involved unlike Warhammer where you have huge blocks that all you can really do is move up into contact with other huge blocks. And Privateer Press who make Warmachine/Hordes is a young American Company.

Now what to do with all my Warhammer stuff. I have a huge Empire army, much of which has not even been opened. I have the 8th ed. rulebook and Empire codex. I will keep some of the models I have painted (cause I like them), and will sell the rest. Ebay is the way to go I suppose. Maybe I will finish painting some and sell them for a wee profit. I dont know. But you can expect more Warmachine/Hordes posts (whenever I do post which is rare).

It has been a while since I have played. I am hoping to pick up a game or two this weekend when me and my wife go visit her parents in Texas. There is a game store near there.

I am also interested in becoming a press ganger for privateer press for my "local" game store (I say "local" cause it is an hour away). And a press ganger I will but on monthly tournaments and other events. The store badly needs a ganger.

No comments:

Post a Comment