March 7, 2011

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I love the game "Legends of the High Seas." Its a Pirate era skirmish/rpg game. The rules are fantastic and extremely fun. There are also some elements to make it pretty funny too. I also love how you can create a crew, and keep up with their stats from game to game. In one game one of your troops can be captured, then you can play the next game where you try to rescue him. There is so much you can do, its great. Also, the rules can be used nor just for pirates. You can use the same rules for times like the French and Indian War, American Revolution, etc. Once you get into later periods like the Civil War I would recommend Legends of the Old West. Both rulebooks are made my Warhammer Historical. When it comes to models, you can use whatever you want. I have found some pretty good pirate models at Black Scorpion games. Here are some pics of some of my Black Scorpion models.

Here is my British Marine unit. I had to find out the hard way that the rifles arent the greatest. Yea they have a longer range, but its not that great, and the reload time really hurts.
I didnt try to paint them historically accurate. I just had fun with these. 





















These two are just some randoms that I have painted up. The one with the axe has always been my favorite. I have named him "Porkins." My friend Chris keeps trying to kill him off over all my others. Punk. My paint job and basing on these is not the greatest. I didn't spend time on details, just wanted to paint them up and make them table ready.

So yea. I have a "few" more Black Scorpion models to paint up. You will randomly see more and more posted on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment