March 7, 2011

Axis and Allies Miniatures

Axis and Allies miniatures games is a booster pack game. This means that you buy booster packs of the models. These packs are random and sometimes you will hate what you get, sometimes you will love it all, and sometimes you will just get one really good one. The models are pre-painted plastic models, and arent too too bad (except for the infantry). You also play on fold out maps. I like the game alot. Its alot of fun and easy to pick up. I did some tutorial videos of the game. Check em out.

Part 1:

Part 2:
Part 3:
Part 4:
Part 5:
Part 6:

I always thought it would be amazing to play this game on a homemade 3d board. You could use products such as those from Hexon or TB Line, but lordy that gets expensive.

4 comments:

  1. Very interesting to listen to / watch this review. Always wondered how the A&A miniature game worked. There is one collectable version of this I think, with fixed booster pack content if I remember correctly. I've played the boardgame Axis & Allies a few times and own the "A&A: Pacific" which is an awesome boardgame.

    I guess it's my turn to ask you a question Eddie :-)

    How did you manage to embedd the youtube video? When I tried it myself a few months ago it just wouldn't work....

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are tons of collectible versions of the game, and no, the boxes are not fixed. The game is tons of fun, and there are sites where you can order individual models. I also have A&A board game, and love it. I dominate as Japan!

    When you go to do a new post and embed a video you have the option to include your own youtube videos. Since those videos were mine it was easy to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks will try it out next time I try to link from my own youtube account :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking about buying a starter set (39-45), but have a few questions. What happens when the paper board starts to fray or start to show fatigue? Can you buy new theaters to play on? WHy dont you like to play with planes?

    ReplyDelete